Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Cashing in on Phrases


It has occurred to me over the past few days that if I had a penny for every time the following "other" holiday phrases were thought or uttered, I'd be a very rich man:

  • What were we thinking going shopping the day after Christmas?
  • What were we thinking coming to the mall on the Saturday after Christmas?
  • This traffic is driving me crazy!
  • All of these people are driving me crazy!
  • What bowl game is on today?
  • It's Christmas! We should go ahead and spend a little extra on that gift. We can pay off the bills with the tax refund. (Second sentence is optional. Some people don't think that far ahead).
  • Well, if I'm not starting my diet until New Year's Day, then I may as well enjoy all of this holiday fare until then. We don't' want it sitting around here come Tuesday!
  • I ate too much.
  • I have heartburn.
  • I drank too much.
  • I have a headache.
I'm sure there are plenty more, but it's early, and I stayed up too late...hmmm, I just thought of another one!
Happy 2008!!!

No comments: