Saturday, January 05, 2008

Typical Mom

Matthew 20:20-21

(v.20)Then the mother of Zebedee's sons came to Jesus with her sons and, kneeling down, asked a favor of him.

(v. 21)"What is it you want?" he asked.
She said, "Grant that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom."

....

The passage goes on, and Jesus didn't grant the desire, but when I read it this morning I just had to laugh. Having been a teacher and currently working in a university setting where I hear plenty of stories about how parents intervene, sometimes inappropriately, I realized this isn't a new phenomena. It definitely shows the nature of a mom, and her incredible love for her children.

(Note to mom: I know you read this, but I have to say that I don't think you meddled...although you did tell me a story once about when we first moved to Fairfield and I was playing baseball. :-) I don't think that's quite the same as this. :-) )



No comments: