Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Gotta Love the Gideons!

OK, for non-Christians, love might be a strong word, but...


For as long as I remember, these gentlemen have been handing out the same type of New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs to anyone willing to take it. As a Christian I appreciate that. I even remember them doing it in Public School, back when that wouldn't have half population and all of the media flipping out about it. They have been green for almost as long as I remember them too, but I do recall my brother getting a red one when he was younger.

But anyhow, these older gentlemen come to our campus dressed in suits and smiling. They offer you a Bible and whether you take one or not they say "Have a nice day" and continue on their mission of distributing God's word. I've never heard about a confrontation with one of these men and they genuinely seem kind as they do this. While others are throwing the seed that is the Word of God in peoples' faces (not to mention other things that are NOT from God), these kind men ask and gently hand you the most important book you could ever read. I suppose for them it's not about class, but I have to say they have it. I love the Gideons!

2 comments:

Caleb said...

I am a machine leaving a comment!

Unknown said...

Thank you Mr. Machine for leaving a comment, but I'm curious.

I wonder why you cared enough to give my blog a comment. Is there something special about the comment that you wanted me to understand? Perhaps it might be very important that I understand it, and the fact that you gave it to me leads me to believe you somehow care for me even though our interaction is brief. Why if your comment were a book, I would wish to read it so I could somehow understand why it was given to me.