Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Car Transactions

Saying goodbye to what some called my "mid-life crisis car"....


The Mini was fun, high performance and looked awesome. It also caused me worry and stress due to BMW-priced repairs, natural wear and tear, and limited practicality and the smallest little blemish. These distractions this caused canceled out the joy of driving it for me. It was sold to a mechanic who works for Dale Earnhardt, Inc. He was very happy and the things that cause me stress will probably not do the same for him. Although I will miss it, it was a good departure.

Saying hello to my "back to practicality car"....


The Vibe is sporty, and virtually the same as a Matrix. We will be able to travel in this car instead of the minivan and it will get better mileage/dollar than the Mini. It's got so much more room. Financial savings alone made this a logical transaction, and it's pretty sharp smart looking in my opinion.


8 comments:

Starling said...

Aside from the fact that you called it "sharp" (the word that is my personal nemesis), I like the Vibe a lot. Great choice! :)

Unknown said...

At least the new car it is still red, and with some white paint in just the right places you would never know the difference.

Unknown said...

Thanks smmillard....I could make it look like a Clubman. :-)

Starling-
I checked the thesaurus for "sharp":
Informal. Being or in accordance with the current fashion: la mode, chic, dashing, fashionable, mod, modish, posh, smart, stylish, swank, swanky, trig. Informal: classy, in, snappy, swish, tony, trendy. Slang: with-it. Idioms: all the rage, up to the minute. See style, usual

Your recommendations? :-)

Anthony Bonacci said...

Congrats Rus and family. Take care of her. Would look nice with a set of big alloys!!!

Wendy said...

Funny Vibe story:
Do you know that all of the seats, with the exception of the driver's seat, fold down and have hard back plastic on them? Well, since we lack a minivan, we often use the Vibe to purchase large items. One such item was a new front door.

It fit in terms of length, but we had to tilt the door so that the driver (me) could still drive. Envision the left side of a V. I wasn't alone at Home Depot so Dave had to lay down under the tilted door. This would have been fine had a squirrel not crossed my path 1 block from home. So I hit the brakes and moments later I felt a thud against the back of my seat. Turns out Dave had no way of bracing himself under the door nor did he know ahead of time what I was doing. The result - a semi-angry Dave putting up a new front door.

Unknown said...

Thanks Anthony. May have to put some bog ones on it...just for you. ;-)

Wendy, when I drove it home, Tina told the kids to ask me if I was "Vibin'"

Aimee Ashley Myers said...

I like it, Rus! And, I love the word "sharp", so I am ignoring where you crossed it out.

Wendy, that story just made me laugh out loud.

Rob said...

Hey dude. I think you and I define 'sporty' differently. Nice sleigh though!