Monday, April 21, 2008

Car Make Loyalty

Over the course of my years behind the wheel, I (and my wife) have owned the following cars:

  • '70 Chevrolet Nova (coincidentally my wife had a '76 version of same car)
  • '76 Oldsmobile Omega (v8. That thing could fly but the speedometer only went to 85. Lucky for me. I would have tested its maximum if it went higher it could have very well been my last car)
  • '78 Mercury Monarch
  • '86 Honda Civic
  • '89 Plymouth reliant
  • '95 Dodge Neon
  • '99 Ford Windstar (Current)
  • '96 Toyota Rav4
  • '02 Mini Cooper S (Current, but could be sold within the week. Update: Sold 4/22/08)


And now we're looking at a Pontiac Vibe. It occurs to me I have little to no Car Make Loyalty.

7 comments:

Starling said...

Oooh, I like the Vibe. You should also check out the Toyota Matrix (it's like my Yaris, but station-wagon-style).

Karen said...

You'll love it...

Love, Karen...your red Matrix-driving sister.

Unknown said...

Thanks to both of you. One of the things I like about the Vibe is that it and the Matrix are essentially the same car, much of which is made out of the same factory. Tina is testing out a couple of them this morning while I hand over the keys to the Mini to a nice guy who agreed to buy it last night.

Wendy said...

I like my 2003 vibe. Best part of the car was when some dude rolled up next to me and said, "You vibin?"

Did you know it was a joint venture between Toyota and Pontiac?

Karen said...

Rus(ty),

I hope you like the minivan. Tina will probably confiscate the Vibe/Matrix. The visibility is great!

Love,
K.

Anthony Bonacci said...

VIBE!!!?!?! How about a 4 door Focus SVT??? You can carry a chest of drawers with the seats down, then drive home like your pants are on fire!! but I'm biased. Another great driving 4 door hatch is the Mazda 3, might wanna check one out. I am just not a GM fan. Good luck !

Unknown said...

Sorry Anthony. It's a done deal. I know you like the Matrix...or at least you did when it came out. So squint your eyes when you look at the picture since it's virtually the same car. :-)