Monday, April 07, 2008

Distractions

I believe I have deleted some old posts on this blog regarding this, but last April, I posted about my car search since my old car, '96 Rav4, was becoming less and less practical since the passenger door wouldn't open and the AC was on it's deathbed. I was excited at the possibilities. My gracious wife, knowing I had experienced the tolling of the bell that was my fortieth birthday, also wished for me to have "something more" as far as a car was concerned. I had always bought functional cars at most. We were thrilled by power windows and locks. That was a perk. So anyhow, last year we bought "something more"....for me. It was nice. I enjoyed it. I LOVED it! I still love it. But for me, at this time in my life and perhaps until my time on earth is over, it has become a distraction from Something More.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
-Jesus, Matthew 6:19

No comments: