Friday, February 01, 2008

Pair o' Dime Props: My Wife

I do my best to not brag on my kids. But my wife, well that's a different matter. Tina claims to have done a wood refinishing job once before, but I'm not counting that one. A couple of weeks ago she brought home what I would have considered kindling. She excitedly asked, "Did you see what was in the garage!?" I said "yeah" with all the skepticism a supportive husband should NOT have. She went out to show me again and started explaining how the legs were very similar in style to an end table we had just picked up and that her intent was to sand and paint the legs and stain the top so that the two tables would match. I told her I trusted her, but was struggling with the vision.

Well, after buying some power tools, (which I mentioned in a previous post), and suffering a couple setbacks in the project, (all projects seem to have their fair share of setbacks), she has completed her first real refinishing job, and all I can say is My Wife Rocks!

5 comments:

Starling said...

She really does rock! (Hi, Tina! ::waves::) The table looks fantastic!

This should also be a reminder to you, Rus, that you should never doubt your wife :D

Tim Shuman said...

Hi Rus, thanks for your kind comment on our blog. We just had a look at your blogspot. Sandee and I are seriously impressed with your wife's refinishing skills!! Unfortunately, I'm just like you, Rus. I saw kindling too :-). Good thing God has blessed us with rock'in wives.

Aimee Ashley Myers said...

Tina is my hero, and I'm not saying that sarcastically or facetiously. She really is my hero. That table is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Rus. She missed a spot on the right side there. I'll point it out next time I come over.

Wendy said...

woohoo Tina - it looks great!