Sunday, February 17, 2008

Fun Run!!

This past week, my son's school, Back Creek Christian Academy, held a fund raiser to help with school supplies, projects, etc. Most of the school day is held in modular buildings behind the church and eventually they hope to raise funds to have a permanent building. Despite the modular walls, Tina and I love this school. We see discipline, fun, education and God's word all within the given school day and my oldest son is maturing and learning well in part because of their devoted teachers and staff.

This past week, the school held a "Fun Run" where the kids were sponsored per lap (or lump sum) on a small "racetrack." They had about 30 minutes to run up to 40 laps. I was privileged enough to come and cheer on the kids and got to snap a few pictures as well. My son was able to complete 38 laps in that time. I was pretty impressed. The group that came in to organize the fun run was a top notch organization with mostly young adults doing the work. They were encouraging to the kids, respectful to the parents and even helped out around the school during the day. The group was called Boosterthon and my wife and I were both very impressed with their organization.

3 comments:

Aimee Ashley Myers said...

Yay! Go Christopher! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

It is fun for the kids, but did you know that approx. 48% of the money raised goes to Boosterthon, leaving a little over 50% to the school.

Unknown said...

Wow...that's a little bit of a buzz kill. I wonder how that stacks up to buying cheese logs, summer sausage or some other food through the other fund raising companies.