Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Thank you, Governor Easley!

Yesterday our governor made the following statement:
"A dirty car is a sign of civic responsibility nowadays."

If you do not know, North Carolina is in the middle of a serious drought. I have trees dying and my grass turns to dust when I walk on it. Our town has resorted to Level III water restrictions. These restrictions require that there be no watering of lawns, and you cannot use a hose to water trees. You can however water trees with a hand held container such as a bucket or watering can and you can put the hose in the can. (I think it has to have a nozzle on it though). It sort of makes sense...they don't want you sticking the hose under the tree and forgetting about it. The only thing you can use a hose directly on is your swimming pool. You are allowed to "top off" your pool. It's October!!! Nobody is swimming anymore. My trees are dying but the person with the concrete back yard and the pool can wield a hose however they wish as long as the water lands in the pool. Everything else about the restrictions were logical until I read this part.

Never mind though...my dirty car fills me with pride because it shows my civic responsibility.

No comments: