Friday, August 31, 2007

Heatwave '07

As of yesterday, the Charlotte area has had 31 consecutive days of high temperatures of no less than 90 degrees. The records for this area is 33 days. Needless to say this has been oppressive, and I'm very thankful that we have "level billing" with Duke Energy. Now we can begin saving for the year-end additional payment we will no doubt have. What's funny about this is that the streak appears to be ending today or tomorrow, and I'm almost disappointed. I figure if you're this close to setting a record, you want to get it even if it is oppressive and felt like it would never end. Besides, 25 years from now when I'm talking to my grandchildren, I want to be able to tell them how "bad" it was back then. I'll probably forget we had air conditioning by then too.

No comments: