Monday, August 13, 2007

For those who are superstitious...

I've never understood the whole "Friday the 13th" thing. I mean, I think 13 is sort of assumed to be the "unlucky number" but I don't get the Friday part? We tend to thank "goodness" or our deity for any Friday that comes our way, (which incidentally, happens about once every 7 days). In the world of perceived "good" and "bad," "Friday the 13th" is a contradiction. The Friday would cancel out the 13th.

However the day we typically curse is Monday. Unless you're on vacation or it's a national holiday, we're not big fans of Monday. Couple our disdain for Monday and the doom associated with that dreaded number 13, and I feel compelled to wish those who are superstitious, a safe and uneventful "Monday the 13th."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'We tend to thank goodness or our deity'? 'Deity'?? Aren't you being inclusive?! : ) Can't offend any Buddhists in the audience! : )

Unknown said...

Well, I have so many readers. ;-)