Saturday, August 18, 2007

Garage Sales

So I go to a garage sale this morning. Not a thing I typically do, but on occasion, if the moon is full and the elephants are running, I like going. Today, it was just one I saw advertised in our community. They mentioned Beatles CDs and I thought it might be a perfect place for me to pick up some. I only have two Beatles CDs and I would love to have them all. I was specifically looking for Sgt. Pepper's, but he was only selling this in a "Box Set" for $100. Too rich for my blood. The guy had a ton of stuff, and this was after he sold most of it in Michigan at the sale they had before they moved down here. Any how, I picked up "1" for $2 and "Live at the BBC" for another $2. I also scored me Tracy Chapman's "New Beginnings" ($1) and "Pure 80's" CD ($1) What a take! All for 6 bucks!

I overheard a statement about the CDs while I was there. Something along the lines of, "I sold all my CDs too. No need to keep them once you load them on to your iPod." Oddly, I go to garage sales because if I hear a CD I like I want to be able to download it in good conscience.

1 comment:

Starling said...

I enjoy garage sale-ing, too - I'm usually scrounging through the books first (occupational hazard), but I like the CDs too.

I hear you on the fair use of the music, too. That certainly seems to fall in a shady area.