Thursday, May 01, 2008

A True Paradigm Shift

So today I started looking at my new laptop. It's an Apple MacBook Pro. I have learned from the few minutes I have given to it that I am getting old. I can feel my brain working double time to relearn the Mac OS. The last time I worked on a Mac was over ten years ago. The operating system seems to have a completely different approach from the windows environments I've worked in since then. When I switched to Firefox a while back, it took me a while to learn how to use it well and unlearn Internet Explorer. I highly recommend the switch though. I suspect learning this operating system and it's applications will be similar but to a much higher degree. Unfortunately, just trying to adjust reminds me of my age. I never understood why old people didn't like change. Now that I am one (WINK!), I understand. I hope the smoke coming out of my ears won't set off the fire alarms....it's quite the tax.

(Oh, and I'm doing this in small doses. I posted this on my Microsoft Machine)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So you sold a Mini but gained a MacBook Pro. I'd say your about even for the month.

Unknown said...

Ha! I like that perspective. Of course if I were to leave my job I'd lose the Mac.

In some aspects I lost the Mini and gained a minivan. Since my wife drives more than me, it makes more sense for her to use the Vibe.