Thursday, February 19, 2009

Narnia: I Love This Dialogue!

I'm over 40 years old and I'm finally reading The Chronicles of Narnia. I finished Prince Caspian last night (which means I can see the movie now), and this is by far my favorite quote/exchange. Those who know the allegorical aspects of the book will appreciate the following:

"Aslan," said Lucy, "you're bigger."
"That is because you are older, little one," answered he.
"Not because you are?"

"I am not. But every year you grow, you will find me bigger."


As I continue to grow in the faith, I see how much "bigger" God is. We can't box him in, or understand his mind at this time. The good news is that I get to spend eternity growing in this aspect.

2 comments:

Randy Small said...

you've GOT to be kidding me... how can you have NOT read the Narnia books yet?

I received the Voyage of the Dawn Treader as a gift when I was 10, and I've probably read the whole series a dozen times or more (+ more times reading them to the kids).

you should read them aloud to your boys - they'll love them!

Unknown said...

Pretty sad, isn't it?

Funny story about reading it to my kids. I read all but the last couple of chapters of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe to them and then put off the rest. I decided the end, when it get's rough, was just not good for the 8 and 5 year old, yet. I told them we would finish them some day. I think my 8 year old could handle it, but I will read it to both of them relatively soon. I will definitely do it.